[Social Widget] Block reference select empty when creating a new widget instance
In order to make the Social widget work in Magento you need to create a Widget instance related to the "Main content" block reference, but sometimes because of using a custom theme the block reference select is empty.
In order to fix it you need to add to your custom design page.xml the following code inside the default namespace.
<block type="core/text_list" name="content" as="content" translate="label"> <label>Main Content Area</label> </block>
For example if you are using the Mapple theme, you need to edit the file app/design/frontend/default/mapple/layout/page.xml adding the code.
Now you can select the Main content block reference, clear the cache and the widget should appear in the product page.
- [Beetailer] Using Google Analytics
- [Beetailer] How to change the Facebook Fan page related to your Store
- [Social Widget] How to fix the wrong image shown in the Facebook streamline when click on the like button
- [Beetailer] How to translate the Facebook interface
- [Social Widget] How to moderate comments
- View all (19 more)
- [Beetailer] Prestashop common asked questions and troubleshooting
- [Beetailer] Grant access to the Beetailer API to my GeoLocation restricted store.
- [Beetailer][Prestashop] Different prices in your original store and in your Facebook store
- [Beetailer][Prestashop] ¿ Qué es WEBSERVICE KEY y dónde la puedo encontrar?
- [Beetailer][Prestashop] What is WEBSERVICE KEY and where can I find it?
- View all (2 more)
- [Beetailer] How to enable "Pay on delivery" on the custom store
- [Beetailer] How to enable Shipping based on destination
- [Social Widget] I am not using Magento, Prestashop nor Shopify, how can I add the Beetailer social widget?
- [Beetailer] Asking for extra information to your customers in your custom store (order custom fields)
- [Beetailer][Custom Store] How to configure your shipping preferences
- View all