[Beetailer] Magento common installation issues and troubleshooting
- Can't recognize this url as a Magento application
- Access denied error
- Module not detected
- 623 Calling parameters do not match signature error
- HTTP-Error: 302 Moved Temporarily
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function libxml_disable_entity_loader()
- Couldn't resolve host 'magento-community'
- My products do not have images or they are wrong
- Do you support Magento Enterprise?
- In my fan page the store appears closed although I have opened it
- I am using MagentoGO and have installed the module but Beetailer does not detect it
Can't recognize this url as a Magento application
Be sure that you use www in case that your domain contains it and https if your are using secure access urls.
You can manually check that your store url is correct if the url [your store ur]/index.php/api/xmlrpc returns an xml response as you can see in this example
Access denied error
There are three possible causes that can produce this error.
1. Check Magento API credentials.
Usually when we receive the access denied error it is because the username/password provided are not valid or the role permissions associated are not the corrects.
- Your API user and Key must contain only numbers and letters
- Please double check you are not adding any extra blank space when copy and paste the key.
It is important to notice that the user you must create is a Magento webservice user, not a regular one.
Please check that you have followed the steps shown here.
2. Magento role_user table order
In some old Magento versions the order where the API role and the API user are created are very important, so first you need to create the role and after that the user.
3. Magento bug for 1.8 related to the api_key column
It is a known bug related to the api_key column and the new salt length for Magento 1.8.x. They changed it from charvar(40) to charvar(100) and some of the following versions were not migrated properly, so your api_key would be "cut" and they credentials will not work. You should change it from charvar(40) to charvar(100) in your database.
Module not detected
If after installing Beetailer you receive the message "Module required" and you are sure that you have followed all the steps, please check.
The module is is installed and enabled in the Magento connect Manager
It is enabled under System -> Config -> Advanced -> Disable module output
If you are using Magento compiler please be sure that you recompile all your instance after the module installation.
Check that your directories app/code/community has write permissions and that the module has been installed there.
623 Calling parameters do not match signature error
If you are trying to connect and receive fault code 623 "Calling parameters do not match signature ", it seems you are suffering a Magento API bug .
You can fix it commenting out this line in your magento instance.
throw new Zend_XmlRpc_Server_Exception(’Calling parameters do not match signature’, 623);
in /lib/Zend/XmlRpc/Server.php in your magento folder.
This is not a common issue but we have a few stores that fixed this problem following this method.
 (Yours is bug #1) http://www.everythingilike.com/magento-api-bug-fixes
HTTP-Error: 302 Moved Temporarily
Please check that your store url is correct, the most of the times this error is because you are using for example an url that includes www but your server redirects to the url without www and viceversa.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function libxml_disable_entity_loader()
This error is usually because you the store has been patched for fixing the API vulnerability and the PHP version used in your server does not support the new methods added by the patch. The solution is to upgrade your PHP installation to version 5.2.11 or newer,
Couldn't resolve host 'magento-community'
Check this article out
My products do not have images or they are wrong
Usually the source of this problem is that your products are using numeric sku values which Magento mixes up with the products ids. For example if we are trying to get the the product with id 123 we actually get the one which has sky 123.
The current solution is changing the products SKU format for something that can not be used as ID, for example you can use sku "#6" or "assar-black" (descriptive sku).
Do you support Magento Enterprise?
Yes, we do. You can get more information about how to install Magento Enterprise Edition (MEE) from the following page
In my fan page the store appears closed although I have opened it
Usually the problem is that you have more than one store related to the same fan page and the first one is closed.
- In your subscriptions list you can see the stores related to the fan page, the visualization order is based in their position, so just rearrange them dragging them up and down.
- If you can only see one store in your subscriptions list, it is likely that you have an store related to other user account, just go to that account and remove the old store.
I am using MagentoGO and have installed the module but Beetailer does not detect it
Go to this page and check if the Beetailer module appears as installed
If it does uninstall and install it again
- [Beetailer] Using Google Analytics
- [Beetailer] How to change the Facebook Fan page related to your Store
- [Social Widget] How to fix the wrong image shown in the Facebook streamline when click on the like button
- [Beetailer] How to translate the Facebook interface
- [Social Widget] How to moderate comments
- View all (19 more)
- [Beetailer] Prestashop common asked questions and troubleshooting
- [Beetailer] Grant access to the Beetailer API to my GeoLocation restricted store.
- [Beetailer][Prestashop] Different prices in your original store and in your Facebook store
- [Beetailer][Prestashop] ¿ Qué es WEBSERVICE KEY y dónde la puedo encontrar?
- [Beetailer][Prestashop] What is WEBSERVICE KEY and where can I find it?
- View all (2 more)
- [Beetailer] How to enable "Pay on delivery" on the custom store
- [Beetailer] How to enable Shipping based on destination
- [Social Widget] I am not using Magento, Prestashop nor Shopify, how can I add the Beetailer social widget?
- [Beetailer] Asking for extra information to your customers in your custom store (order custom fields)
- [Beetailer][Custom Store] How to configure your shipping preferences
- View all